Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kids Clothes Week!

*image from blog.kidsclothesweek.com*


For day two of KCW, I whipped up a shirt for Kels.  The Flashback Skinny Tee from Made By Rae.  Every pattern I have purchased from Rae has been fantastic.  Simple, easy to follow, and great results! You can buy the big kids size (6-14!) or the smaller sizes (12 months -5T).  Kelsey measured out perfect for the 5T.


The fabric is a really light weight, SOFT knit from Girl Charlee. I was nervous to work with it because I haven't been real successful sewing with knits yet.  I went REALLY slow, pinned the heck out of it, and used the stretch stitch on my machine.  And all was well in the world.


I was really happy with the length of the sleeves.  Store bought shirts seem to be the TINIEST bit short on her arms.  This pattern length worked really well for her arms.  


The length on the waist turned out well too.  She can reach up without her tummy showing.  :)  

Now onto pattern drafting for my day three project!  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment