Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Geranium Dress

I LOVE sewing.  And I especially love sewing when I don't have a specific deadline to finish a project. (Like Christmas presents) Our neighbor JUST had a baby girl.  She came early, before her shower even!  I'm working on a little present for the shower.  I like to make something and get something off the registry.  Even if the thing off the registry is super small like a paci.  I LOVED my showers, and everything I got from them but I was always a little bummed that most the stuff I received was stuff not on my registry.  

The Geranium Dress pattern from Made By Rae is one of my go to patterns for dresses (also an option to make it a top). You have two size groups to choose from when you buy, 0-5T or 6-12!  Yep, all the way up to 12! They were the girls Easter dresses last year and they have gotten PLENTY of wear since then.  

Back on to the topic.  Baby girl!  I made her a little Geranium for summer time in size 6-12 months.  I made the version with a slight cap sleeve. 



It's one of my go to patterns because of how quick it sews up.  I usually cut the fabric out in the evening and sew up the bodice, then the next morning finish it up with the skirt and buttons.  Done and done.



One of my favorite parts of the pattern is how well the inside seams are finished.  I chose a black and white polka dot just to have some interest for the inside.  :) 


See?  No raw edges hanging out to bother sensitive little bodies.  They are all tucked into the lining.  Perfect!

I also really liked the bigger buttons.  Gives it a little extra pop of color!



It's different fabric than I would normally pick but I love how it came out.  I think I will add a little flower pin to it to help brighten it up some.  Or leave it.  I'm still up in the air about it.  :)  

My other favorite thing to make for little baby girls are these really sweet baby sun bonnets.  So that's next up on the sewing list.  It's another pattern from Rae, you can get it here.

And that's a great little handmade shower gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment