Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Amazing Carpet Cleaner

I am amazed at everything lemon oil can do!  I love how much I'm learning about it.  

This week was a serious shocker! I really wasn't expecting this to work.  But work it did!!

Are you ready for it?


I know, I know…really, Shannon?  This really isn't that amazing.  You can find recipes similar to this ALL OVER Pinterest.

But you would be wrong, because they are missing the most important ingredient and don't work NEARLY as well!  I've tried MANY natural, DIY carpet cleaners and they just don't compare to this.  From just baking soda and vinegar, to adding in some dish soap, to ironing it after spraying it.  None of them worked.

I LOVE my puppy.  Adore her.  I am so happy to have her.  She is my baby.  But, she made a few stains on the girls' carpet that I could not get out.  I got so annoyed every time I would see them.  Those little puppy pee spots, mocking me!

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before.  But I am so glad I finally did.  The mocking is gone!  I won this battle!!  :)

So here is what you will need:
Lemon essential oil (therapeutic grade)
Baking soda
Vinegar
Water
Spray bottle
dish for mixing
hand towel

Process:
Put some baking soda into your little mixing dish.  Couple teaspoons maybe. Add in some drops of lemon oil - I added 7 or 8 drops.  Mix it around so the baking soda absorbs the oil. It will start to look and feel like cornstarch.


Now mix equal parts water and vinegar into a spray bottle.

Go find that spot and ignore it's mocking.


There it is…..kinda blending in and definitely mocking all at once. Ignore it!

Go ahead and put your baking soda mixture on it.


Rub it in really well.  You want it to get into the fibers pretty well so it lifts the stain out.
And this stain has been here a good amount of time…..


Remember where the spot is.  It's hard to see it once your baking soda is all rubbed in.  Then give it a good spray with your vinegar and water.  Let it bubble and do it's thing.  Once the bubbles seemed to have calmed down, rub it out with a hand towel!


And there you have it!  Stain is gone!! Oh happy, HAPPY day!

If you don't have a stain to remove but want to freshen your carpet up a little bit;  sprinkle the baking powder and lemon mixture onto your carpet.  Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb all the stinky smells and then vacuum it up.

Easy everyday use for a fresh carpet!

*You can order your therapeutic grade lemon oil from Young Living directly, or email me and I can get some shipped to you! (paterson.shannon@gmail.com)*

3 comments:

  1. Okay I definitely have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had sap stuck in my carpet!! It came out so easy with this!! Must have carpet cleaner!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Bissell Spotbot Pet Handsfree

    ReplyDelete