Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Photo Update

All of our chickens started laying.  We get an absurd amount of eggs every week. Around three dozen. I LOVE it!

Working out in the yard, I found this lovely thing.  We had one last year and discovered it's an Orb Weaver spider.  Apparently helpful in gardens, so I let it live.  But man oh man, I did not want to!  It's eating a yellow jacket, if that helps you understand the size of that thing!

Rose came home!  We adore her and her endless amounts of energy!  She has already started helping me round up the chickens.  Smart girl!

I've been having SO MUCH fun learning to make different things from scratch!  This is ricotta (in the bowl) and plain yogurt (in the jar).  SO much better than store bought and way easier than I thought it would be!  Never again will I be buying those!  I'm hoping to find a cow share so I can get raw milk but for now, it's just from store bought organic.  I can only imagine how much better it will taste when it's made from raw milk!

Fall seems to be here to stay and I could not be more excited about it!  My garden is all set to plant garlic.  I added LOTS of aged manure and am hoping to get the cloves in the ground by Monday.  It's my first time growing garlic and I've been trying really hard to amend the soil where they will be.  Hoping for a good crop next season!

Now you are all up to date!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment